Music is an integral part of life at Arden. The main aim of the Primary School music program is to teach musical knowledge in context while promoting an appreciation of different musical genre.
Active music making
We give our students the opportunity to enjoy music and to express themselves creatively by being involved in active music making. Students create, learn from mistakes and learn to appreciate the ideas of their peers in a friendly and safe environment.
Our music program is designed to strengthen self-confidence and social skills and to build a foundation for the child’s future musical education by developing basic musical concepts.
Students enjoy Musica Viva performances, learning new repertoire and engaging with professional musicians who visit the School.
Learning an instrument
Part of our music education program includes offering Primary School students the opportunity to learn an instrument.
- Year 2 students learn what it’s like to learn an instrument for one year. Each child is given a violin and workbook to take home and a string specialist conducts a lesson every week.
- Year 3 students are given the opportunity to study wind and brass instruments. Students learn from experienced tutors and begin playing in the Training Band after a few lessons.
- Year 3 students develop instrumental skills on the recorder.
- Year 6 students are given guitar tuition from expert teachers.
Students are given many performance opportunities including:
- Assembly items
- Open Rehearsals
- Thanksgiving Services
- Grandparents’ Days
- Special Services such as Anzac Day
- Performances for community events such as for senior citizens
- Performing Arts Festival in the Town Hall
- Gala Performance at Chatswood Concourse
- Arden Primary Proms
- Christmas Celebration events
- Presentation Nights
Instrumental specialists are available to teach a range of instruments on site during the school day. We offer individual music tuition in:
Co-curricular music timetable
|7.30am-8.20am||Arden Singers (music room)|
|7.30am-8.20am||Training Band (CMC)|
|12.30pm-1.15pm||Stage Three Percussion Ensemble (music room)|
|7.30am-8.20am||Primary Vocal Ensemble (music room)|
|7.30am-8.20am||Primary Concert Band (music room)|
|12.30pm-1.15pm||Junior String Ensemble (music room)|
|7.30am-8.20am||Intermediate Band (music room )|