Arden offers numerous overseas tours for our Secondary School students. Many of the tours complement the teaching and learning that happens in the classroom, providing experiential learning opportunities that reinforce the curriculum in a variety of academic subjects. Overseas tours also provide an opportunity for personal growth. We see students gain confidence from their experience of independence and they learn new skills through cooperation with others while on tour.
Overseas tours for our Secondary students include:
- Cambodia and Vietnam Mission Tour for students in Year 11, building houses (with Tabitha Foundation) and renovating orphanages in communities and villages.
- China Music Tour for our major music ensembles.
- European Cultural Tour for students in Year 8 and Year 9.
- Overseas Sporting Tour for Netball and Football (Soccer) for students in Years 8 to Year 10.
- French Tour to Noumea for French students Year 10 and Year 11.
Year 11 Mission tour
Our Mission Tour is closely linked to Arden’s Vision and Mission. We believe that part of ‘finding joy in God’ involves the fulfilment that comes from serving others. We want our students to be curious, courageous and compassionate men and women who transform the communities in which they live and work. Our Mission tour gives our students a broad, global experience and an opportunity to demonstrate compassionate and courageous service towards others in need. Many of our students return from these tours with the inspiration, skills and desire to serve and lead in communities where there is an immediate need for development and lasting change.